Thursday 3 November 2011

The birds and the bees

The rampant growth in the garden has brought a whole host of interesting critters to visit.


Crested pigeon on her nest
Posted by Picasa


I'm sure the spider is thinking about it, but I suspect this honey bee is a bit too big to take on. (Daylily  'Passion for Life')


This smaller native bee wasn't so lucky (Daylily 'Fetish')



I don't know what this beetle-y bug is, but his body looks way too big for his shell.



This little ant seemed to be on solo sentry duty on my cordyline for a couple of days, but finally had some company today. 


On the Cosmos, and looking like he had just been placed there.


Getting a better grip on the back of the petal.



I'm not normally an admirer of flies, but this one on a bromeliad was such a beautiful metallic blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...