Sunday 27 November 2011

Beach Break - Day One

About six weeks ago, my friends Jo and Semi moved from Sydney to Sunshine Beach, just south of Noosa Heads. Thursday was my first chance to head up for a visit. Despite it having been our driest November on record, as fate would have it, the heavens opened not long after I set out. The conditions were so bad that several cars pulled over to the side of the road rather than risk continuing on, but I followed a big, well-lit truck through the worst of it. Fortunately, the rain had eased off by the time I arrived, so much so that after being shown over their new home and discussing their renovation plans, Jo and I decided to risk a beach walk to Noosa.

A bare tree decorated with thongs and sandals marked the start of our beach walk.

It was misty but still very beautiful.







Clambering over the big headland marked about one-third of the way and the start of the National Park.






The patterns created by sand beads around the entrance to crabs' burrows could have been hung on a gallery wall.

















The perfect finale to our 3 hour walk - Margaritas at Noosa's Sheraton.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful beach! Oh, I haven't been to a beach in ages! I love the smell of the ocean, and the feel of sand on my toes. What a cute sandal tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't been to the beach for a while either, but they are only an hour or two's drive from here. When I get there I vow I will never leave it so long again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...