Tuesday 7 June 2011

Tiny beauties

Early winter in the garden, and there is not much in flower this week. The last flush of Angels Trumpet (Datura) is looking worst for wear, and it's a similar story with my Bird of Paradise. But, there are spikes on a couple of my aloes so I'm expecting 'showtime' from them anytime soon. It fact, it looks like most the action in the next week or so will be from the succulents, in what I very optimistically think of as my Mexican garden.
Echeveria 'Doris Taylor'
I spotted this dainty cluster of flowers hanging out of the strawberry pot where I have grouped a selection of succulents. And my flapjack Kalanchoe luciae is colouring up nicely, and has produced a huge spike with  tiny white flowers.




1 comment:

  1. Datura....angel's trumpets....one of my favorites. Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...